Samsung LED TV
I recently purchased Samsung UN40B7000 40″ LED TV and hooked up a Panasonic -1000W 7.1 Channel Home Theater System with Blu-ray Disc Player. Picture Quality beats by far all of the LCD’s Plazmas and projection TV’s. I got it on labor day for 1,299.00 (price cut from 2,300.00) but you can still find it now for about 1,599.00.
Samsung’s LED TVs use 40% less power than conventional LCD TVs and are mercury free.
LED TVs use Light Emitting Diodes to light the LCD panel. In the Luxia line of Samsung LED TV’s, the LED lights are surrounding the edge of the panel and this arrangement allows for the very slim depth of those models. Traditional LCD televisions always have their backlight on when the TV is on. With the controlled backlighting the LEDs can be dimmed in dark areas of the picture to create darker blacks and better detail in dark scenes. As far as COLOR ACCURACY With white LED backlights the difference between the two technologies isn’t very significant, but with RGB colored lights or a color wheel to affect the backlight color the LED TVs have an advantage in displaying realistic color.
VIEWING ANGLES While traditional LCDs have improved their useable viewing angles over the years this is still a shortcoming of the technology itself and even the best LCDs will suffer from contrast degradation when viewed from angles wider than around 30 degrees off center. The LED backlit LCDs we’ve seen have done a fantastic job of correcting this issue and have viewing angles that rival plasma TV’s.
The Panasonic -1000W 7.1 Channel Home Theater System with Blu-ray Disc Player, has also an iPod dock, and you can browse and command your iPod or iPhone with the home theater remote control. (Don’t get too excited though, you cannot make phone calls trough the surround sound with your iPhone, because you have to switch your iPhone to an airplane mode in order to play your songs or videos on your TV). You will need to hook up your Theater System with an ethernet cable if you want to use the Panasonic Viera Cast feature. This will allow you to watch videos from Youtube, Amazon video on demand, Picasa, Weather and Bloomberg TV and stock quotes. And one more thing, to enjoy all of this features you have to find some time (sold separately), and stop working so hard so you can enjoy life for a change.
Panasonic’s P4HD technology performs IP conversion at the pixel level for the finest details by utilizing a pixel-management-task. This advanced video processing samples over 15 billion pixels per second to create a detailed picture with life-like textures, and 16-level motion detection ensures on-screen movement stays blur-free.
- • Top-Notch Video Processing
- This player utilizes a 148MHz/12-bit video D/A converter that provides high quality 4x over-sampling for 1080i/720p output. Noise-shaping video processing, shifts the noise component to an unused area to further enhance the signal-to-noise ratio. By incorporating these technologies, it realizes super-fine, high-definition images with over 4400 billion colors.
- • Multi-Format Playback Capability
- It offers a full-range of playback capabilities for enjoying movies, music and images. It will playback Blu-ray Disc, BD-ROM (BD-Live Profile 2.0/Profile 1 Ver 1.1/Final Standard Profile), BD-MV (BD-RE Ver 3), BD-MV (BD-R Ver 2), DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-VR, AVCHD (H.264), CD, CD-R/RW, MP3, and JPEG (HD).
Samsung UN40B7000 40″ LED TV Features:
- • 3,000,000:1 Mega Contrast
- With a contrast ratio of 3,000,000:1 you’ll see what “breakthrough picture quality” really means. The true to life range of picture brightness enables the purest of blacks and pristine whites.
- • Auto Motion Plus 120Hz Image Processing
- Enjoy a crisper, clearer picture with reduced motion blur in fast moving scenes.
- • Advanced Color Processing
- Fully saturated, true-to-life colors that make you feel more like you’re looking through a window, rather than looking at a screen.
- • Ultra Slim Design
- With the optional wall mount you can hang the UN40B7000 much like you would hang a picture—less than two inches from the wall.
- • Media Play
- Watch and listen to content like movies, music or up to 10,000 pictures from a USB thumb drive or hard disk drive. You can create slide shows of selected pictures with music. You can even watch movies on your PC via Ethernet (wirelessly with the optional wireless Internet adapter that plugs into one of the set’s two USB ports).
- • Internet@TV
- Once you’ve set up you Internet connection you can use The Yahoo! Widget Engine to view snippets of information such as weather, stock prices, news and more.
- • Anynet+
- Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all of your connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with your Samsung TV’s remote.
- • Content Library
- The UN40B7000 comes with a Content Library that’s fun and useful for the whole family: recipes, games health information and children’s content are some of what’s available. Connect your set to your high-speed Internet connection and the library will be periodically updated.
- • Eco-Friendly Design
- Samsung LED TVs are easy on the planet as well as the eyes. Samsung’s LED TVs use 40% less power than conventional LCD TVs and are mercury free. So you can put your feet up and relax knowing you’re leaving a smaller carbon footprint.
As a last note get yourself a credit card with cash back rewards and go shopping for new tech gadgets.